The Shepton Hut, the Mineries is the closest hut to the centre of the Universe.
Rates are reasonable and we welcome visiting groups (e.g. caving, scout) to stay.
The Mineries, Wells Road, Priddy, Wells, Somerset. BA5 3AU
Grid reference ST 544 505
From the A39 going north out of Wells take the Priddy Road (left turn westwards) towards Priddy. Pass the Hunters’ Lodge Inn crossroads. A few hundred yards further on is a garage on the right followed by a row of houses. At the end of the row is a telegraph pole with a piece of reflective tape on it. Turn right here up a track and head into the car park.
Please sign the booking-in sheet, located in the lounge, on arrival.
Access to the hut is with a key code, enter the code to unlock the front door, to open pull the door slightly before pushing to open.
On leaving the hut please make sure the door is securely shut.
Cave Keys and Permits
SMCC committee members can issue cave keys (for a returnable deposit) and CCC permits to bona fide clubs. Leaders are also available for St.Cuthbert’s Swallet, Charterhouse Cave and the Fairy Quarry Caves. These must be booked in advance (contact the Caving Secretary).
· Main bunk room (25 guest places available)
· Family and 'Old Library bunk rooms
· Library (member use only)
· Kitchen with gas hob burners, cooker, grills, microwaves, toasters, hot water urn, spiders
· Lounge with dining area plus wood/coal burning stove
· Gents and ladies changing rooms with showers
· Drying room
· Garden (can be used for camping)
· Tacklestore (member use only)
· Lamp charging (NiFe, Lead Acid, FX types, plus timing plugs)
· Please note smoking is not allowed inside the hut
Pubs: Hunters’ Lodge Inn (crossroads) and Queen Victoria Inn (Priddy)
Mendip Heights campsite shop (in season only) through Priddy village.
Priddy Good Farm Shop just past the campsite – Good breakfast and essential food supplies.
· Members, £4.00 per night
· Jnr Members & Members children (14 and under), free
· Non Members bed nights, £7.00 per night
· Non Members children (14 and under), £4.00 per night
Day Rate, £1.00
SMCC has reciprocal agreements with Bradford PC, Devon SS, Hillingdon MC, Orpheus CC Plymouth Uni A&E and Westminster SG, and members of these clubs are entitled pay members rates.
Please respect the local residents in terms of late night noise and car parking.
When Leaving please remember to:
· Pay your hut fees.
· Return any cave keys.
· Leave the kitchen in a state you would wish to find it, do all washing up and wipe down all worksurfaces, gas hobs, cooker, tables etc, cleaning materials are located in the plastic bin under the unit by the sink.
· Remove all perishable foodstuffs from the hut and put rubbish in the blue wheelie bin located in the parking area.
· Turn off gas supply.
· Empty the wood/coal burning stove grate of ash (if used).
· Sweep/mop the floors.
· Check all external and internal doors and windows are shut and secure.
We currently do not provide recycling facilities, please take your cans, glass, plastic and cardboard away with you to recycle.
SMCC Hut is non-smoking throughout
The club does not accept liability for loss of personal property while staying at the hut.
Electronic charging devices used in the hut need to be less than 5 years old.
Hope you enjoy your stay.